(Sorry for the lack of new content lately – busy trying to get some new projects off the ground. Why do things always take twice as long as we think they're going to?!)
And it's not just for stepmoms either, although I realize you do seem to make up the majority of our audience. Moms would do well to think about this stuff too, because the article is all about how we just blindly operate from some assumptions that we've picked up from our environment and culture and are thoughtlessly playing them out, without realizing it.
But the truths are lies! And there's where things start to go wrong….
- The Wicked Evil Stepmother Myth is programmed into our subconscious mind.
- We’ve acquired most of the Wicked Evil Stepmother perception from
teachers (parents, other adults, media, Disney, Fairytales, etc).
- We’ve accepted their perceptions as truth and now those acquired
perceptions are hardwired in our brains, which are now our truths.
- The perception of the Wicked Evil Stepmother is inaccurate.
- This programmed misconception, which resides in our subconscious
mind and is not monitored, is habitually engaging us in inappropriate
and limiting behaviors.
Just like not all stepmoms are wicked and evil, not all bio-moms are
crazy, self-absorbed, wing-nuts. Think about it, if you believe the
bio-mom in your life is engaged in inappropriate and limiting belief
behaviors – so are you. And so am I.
I'll be back on Wednesday with a new post and an interview with a stepmom who's making progress with the mom in her life on Friday.
See you soon and thanks for reading!